Physiotherapy Alliance is fully committed to ensuring the health and safety of clients and staff.
We are a fully vaccine compliant facility.
What is Virtual Physiotherapy?
What Types of Physiotherapy Can Be Provided Through Tele-Rehabilitation?
How Does Virtual Physiotherapy Work?
You will receive an email with a secure link to your session before your appointment time. All you have to do is click on the link and make sure you allow the video and audio to connect. If you aren’t seeing anything, check for blocked pop-ups.
A link to complete required paperwork will be sent by email when you book your appointment.
What Should You Expect From Your Tele-Rehabilitation Session?
- Take a complete history related to your area of concern
- Assess and diagnose your injury, area of pain or concern by:
- Getting a thorough understanding of your problem
- Evaluating your range of motion and strength
- Observing how you move and what causes your symptoms
- Listen to your concerns and answer your questions
- Explain your pain, condition or injury and teach you how to manage it
- Provide a full rehabilitation plan to follow in your own environment
- Prescribe exercises and email you pictures or video of your program
- Provide cues and correct your technique to make sure exercises are safe and effective
- Progress or modify your treatment plan to match your goals
- Provide self-directed soft tissue and/or joint mobilization techniques if appropriate
- Help train another person to assist with your exercises if needed
- Provide real-time ergonomic assessment
- Recommend any beneficial equipment or further testing
Please note that we are unable to provide hands-on treatment using virtual physiotherapy, so at times we may recommend switching to in person treatment for future sessions if that is most appropriate for you.
How Effective is Virtual Physiotherapy?
Our virtual or remote physiotherapy treatment has most, if not all, of the same benefits as in person sessions. We pride ourselves on delivering a high quality of care, no matter how you work with us. If our physiotherapist feels that you would benefit from in person treatment, they will discuss that with you. Your physiotherapist can work with you to assess and diagnose your problem, provide treatment options and answer your questions, just like they would in the clinic. They will work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan that helps you to meet your goals.
Can Physiotherapy Be Effective Without Hands-On Treatment?
Are There Any Benefits to Virtual Physiotherapy Compared To In Person?
What Else Might I Need to Know?
Is Tele-Rehabilitation or Virtual Physiotherapy Covered By Insurance?
How To Make An Appointment?
New Hamburg: 519-662-4676
Grand Bend: 519-238-6827